Manage episode 358430494 series 2968341
What's the difference between a cardiologist and a vascular surgeon, and when should you see one over the other? In an interview with Dr. Rizwan Bukhari, a vascular surgeon, he shares insights on the distinct roles of these medical professionals and how they treat atherosclerosis, a condition that affects not only the heart but also the blood vessels in the body. Tune in to learn more about the overlap and differences between these two specialties.
- Cardiologists are medical specialists who treat diseases of the heart while vascular surgeons are surgical specialists who treat blood vessels of the body.
- Both specialties overlap in the treatment of atherosclerosis or plaque buildup inside the arteries but treat it in different parts of the body.
- Patients usually come to a vascular surgeon through referrals from other specialists.
Resources mentioned in this episode
About Dr. Rizwan H. Bukhari
Rizwan H, Bukhari, M.D., F.A.C.S., is a board-certified vascular surgeon who treats various vascular issues, including aneurysms, carotid artery stenosis, lower extremity arterial blockages, gangrene, dialysis access grafts, and varicose veins. He has seen the ravaging effects of poor lifestyle choices on his patients’ health. Cardiovascular disease and its risk factors, such as obesity, tobacco use, hypertension, and diabetes, are mainly diseases secondary to the foods we eat and our lifestyle choices.
Dr. Bukhari promotes food as medicine and lifestyle medicine to help his patients and the general public prevent, halt, and sometimes even reverse disease. He owns North Texas Vascular Center, where he offers diagnostic services and minimally invasive outpatient procedures largely related to amputation prevention and limb salvage.
Connect with Dr. Riz
- North Texas Vascular Center
- Plant-Based DFW
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dr_riz_bukhari/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/drrizwanbukhari/
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/DrRizBukhari
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Dr_Riz_Bukhari
All the show notes for our episodes are located on our podcast website:
Connect with Us
Website: Healthy Lifestyle Solutions
YouTube channel: Healthy Lifestyle Solutions
Subscribe to our newsletter: Our Newsletter
Leave us a message: Speak Pipe Voicemail
Rate Me: https://ratethispodcast.com/hls