Manage episode 359527914 series 3371682
What do your genes tell about you? What is epigenetics and can you reverse it? I have Brontë with me this week to talk about epigenetics and why it’s important for your health.
Brontë is the visionary behind The Gene Hacker brand. She is a Functional Registered Dietitian certified in nutrigenomics with a specialization in performance coaching and leadership development.
After battling fatigue, insomnia, and anxiety from a high demanding career… Brontë was introduced to the world of Epigenetics which helped connect the dots on how to achieve sustainable top level performance from the inside out.
We talk about:
- 02:30 - My wedding wellness checklist
- 08:00 - What genes and epigenetics are
- 12:00 - Using genomic testing for individuals who have mystery illnesses
- 13:00 - Inheriting epigenetic changes across generations
- 17:00 - Promoting healthy epigenetic patterns
- 20:30 - Eating healthy and taking supplements
- 27:00 - The functional medicine program Bronte is taking
- 28:30 - What attracted Bronte to functional medicine
- 31:30 - Epigenetics and women’s health
- 34:00 - Methylation and your genes
- 41:00 - Going through your epigenetics report
- 45:00 - Just because you have those genes doesn’t mean they’re expressing themselves
- 48:00 - Nutrigenomics becoming more accessible to people
- Subscribe to my newsletter
- Shop my favorite health products
- Listen on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts