Manage episode 365631595 series 3371682
In today's episode, I explore historical limitations and biases in women's health research, shedding light on the underrepresentation of women in medical studies and clinical trials.
I also speak about the impact of hormonal variability and individual variations on women's health and medication safety and efficacy.
Tune in as I also discuss options for biohacking interventions and tools tailored specifically for women's unique needs.
I talk about:
- 01:00 - I will be in Orlando Florida for the Biohacking Conference!
- 06:30 - Listen to the previous episode to the end
- 13:30 - The lack of women in the biohacking space
- 15:00 - The limited amount of research on women’s health
- 17:00 - Women’s hormonal fluctuations
- 18:00 - Unequal research funding for women’s health
- 20:00 - Limited access to healthcare for women
- 28:00 - The Natural Cycles app and Elvie
- 30:00 - The Women’s Health Initiative
- 35:00 - Women are the original biohackers but there are few women-founded biohacking companies
- 36:30 - Biohacking companies founded by women and women-first
- Check out my Ebb and Flow Cycle Guide that teaches you how to adapt your nutrition, exercise, supplements, lifestyle, biohacks and more to align with each of your menstrual cycle phases
- Ebb and Flow Cycle Guide
- Shop my favorite health products
- Listen on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts