Manage episode 364110970 series 3371682
Today I talk about a question I received on Instagram about the pros and cons of eating your placenta, otherwise known as “placentophagy”.
I talk about the benefits and risks of eating your placenta, ethical considerations, placenta vs other organ meat nutrients, encapsulating your placenta post-birth and much more. I also explain the history of placentophagy and how it’s been noted in several cultures across the world.
Message me on Instagram @BIOHACKINGBRITTANY if you also have questions about biohacking, women’s health or nutrition!
I talk about:
- 03:00 - Eating your placenta
- 06:40 - Placentophagy in different cultures and traditions across the world
- 10:00 - The many benefits of placentophagy
- 14:00 - Hormonal balance and the spiritual connection
- 18:15 - The Cons and risks of placentophagy
- 22:00 - Ethical considerations of placentophagy
- 25:30 - Toxins being absorbed in the placenta
- 29:00 - Different methods of taking the placenta - capsules, smoothies, soups and tinctures
- 35:00 - The cost of eating and encapsulating your placenta
- 37:00 - Eating your placenta and your breastmilk supply
- 39:30 - Eating placenta VS other organ meat
- 42:00 - Eating placenta and veganism considerations
- Check out my Ebb and Flow Cycle Guide that teaches you how to adapt your nutrition, exercise, supplements, lifestyle, biohacks and more to align with each of your menstrual cycle phases
- Ebb and Flow Cycle Guide
- Shop my favorite health products
- Listen on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts