Manage episode 378421348 series 3187926
This week's Theme Park News:
• SeaWorld Orlando announced a new ride for 2024 - Penguin Trek. It will be the park's eighth roller coaster, a "snowmobile styled ride car” built by Bolliger & Mabillard.
• Sea World San Diego is getting a new jellyfish exhibit Jewels of the Sea: The Jellyfish Experience which will feature three galleries in which visitors can see various species, including Moon Jellyfish, Pacific Sea Nettles, Upside-Down Jellyfish, and Comb Jellies.
• SeaWorld San Antonio has confirmed its new Catapult Falls ride will not open this year as originally planned. The park yesterday announced that the launched flume coaster will open next spring.
• SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment this week filed a U.S. Trademark application for "Phoenix Rising” for “Entertainment in the nature of an amusement park ride.” Busch Gardens in Tampa used to have a Starship looper called Phoenix.
• Utah's Lagoon them park has opened a new interactive dark ride roller coaster hybrid called Primordial this week.
• In Japan government officials have announced plans for a new theme park on a former U.S. military base in Yokohama. Yokohama city government has selected Mitsubishi Estate to develop the project, with a goal to open in 2031. City planning documents project that the 127-acre theme park, tentatively called Kamiseya Park, will attract 12 million visitors a year when it debuts.
• IAAPA Expo Europe started this week in Vienna. At the expo, Zamperla revealed two new products. Magic Bikes XL and GoGo Bounze 8.4.
• Walt Disney world has announced hotel discounts for the first few months of 2024 up to 30%
• Disney also filed a number patent applications this week including one titled Systems and Methods for Transferring a Passenger Compartment Between Ride Systems Using Robotic Tool Changers and another one for a Procedural Animation Engine and Editor for Sample-Based Design of Stylized Walking Gaits for Bipedal Robots.