Manage episode 372645251 series 2608979
Doug's thoughts went crazy ahead of sitting in for JLP today, yet he slept like a baby! James 1: 2, Count it all joy when you face trials.
Church at BOND, Sunday, July 30, 2023 — Doug sits-in to run the meeting for JLP, who's out-of-town until Tuesday or so...
|| See links, clips, and notes below.
* 0:00:00 Pre-service small talk (Doug filling in)
* 0:01:33 Welcome! Doug's story…anticipating today
* 0:05:16 Doug: Thoughts trying to stop me
* 0:10:44 Doug: Teaching people, learning about yourself
* 0:19:25 Story: Work dinner with doctors ("I'm an alcoholic")
* 0:24:13 Q: How to deal with thoughts of outcome/ego?
* 0:27:35 Hake: Hesitation thoughts, then going overboard
* 0:30:53 Raymond / Doug: None of it’s real
* 0:32:32 Nick: Leave it to God
* 0:37:45 Doug: Took a week figuring what to talk about: Thoughts
* 0:41:59 Wanting the outcome is being controlled. Fatal mistakes.
* 0:45:44 Lady: Thoughts kill you. They create your world.
* 0:47:02 Doug: It wasn't bad, despite thoughts: Slept like a baby!
* 0:51:13 Hake: Negative feedback, being confronted
* 0:57:05 Troy: Pray without ceasing; Listening, No plan
* 1:00:16 Doug: How my day goes: In and out of thoughts (mostly in them)
* 1:01:36 James 1: 2 Count it all joy when you fall into various trials
* 1:08:50 Doug not always trusting: if I think it’s bad, I ruin the situation
* 1:13:40 Lijie: Positive thinking, placebo, God's will is good for us
* 1:16:00 Lady: I want to be kind. Overcoming ego reaction: Sweet.
* 1:21:02 Sina: Count it all joy? It stains my day.
* 1:26:28 Doug: If it stains your day, I don't know if it's joy
* 1:35:19 Real trials vs petty trials: People claim to be "stronger"
* 1:42:07 (Rochelle: Gonna have your own show on JLP network?)
* 1:42:38 DOUG: Closing, Men's Forum, Jesse's back Tuesday
Doug's Story: Finding Forgiveness, Recognizing Thoughts as Lies
WATCH CLIP (10-min) YouTube | BitChute | Doug fills-in for JLP — he's been with BOND about 25 years. He forgave his mother, which was life-changing, but has gone through a lot since. When Jesse asked him to lead the Church service, his first thought was, "NO! What am I gonna talk about?" He asks the people what the thoughts tell them in anticipation of an event that's big in their minds.
PODCAST by BOND Substack
Church fellowship at BOND Sunday 11 AM PT (1 CT / 2 ET) - rebuildingtheman.com/church
Get full access to BOND at rebuildingtheman.substack.com/subscribe