Manage episode 363498831 series 3353660
When you learn you have cancer, you may feel like your life has been turned upside down, and there is no hope. But, just as cancer starts affecting your physical health, it can bring up a wide range of emotions you can't quite explain.
But what if it's a family member who gets diagnosed with cancer? Would you know how they feel? How can you show that you genuinely care about them? Today, David Richman shares the idea behind Cycle of Lives. This book chronicles the lives of 15 people affected by cancer, either as patients, doctors, researchers, caregivers, or otherwise. The memoirs will give us a complete view of the human experience as it relates to cancer. David started to form the idea in 2007 when his only sister, June, was in the last few weeks of her battle with cancer.
David also talks about his transformation from an overweight smoker to an ultramarathon athlete. This episode is a story of hope and genuine understanding.
“With regards to the emotional side of traumas such as cancer, sometimes that stuff is really lonely and really isolating. So I wanted to shine some light on the idea of trying to learn what people have gone through, what they're going through in relation to that trauma.”
- David Richman
In This Episode:
- David's transformation story from an overweight smoker to an ultramarathon runner
- The Cycle of Lives Project: How David traveled thousands of miles to meet with different people, each of them with unique life experiences but all affected by cancer, to listen to their stories and compile them in a beautiful memoir
- How do we really know what people are going through?
- How to start running a marathon (physical and emotional preparation)
- Cycle of Lives by David Richman - https://david-richman.com/cycle-of-lives/
- Join the FDN Certification Program - https://www.functionaldiagnosticnutrition.com/?afmc=25&utm_source=Affiliate&utm_medium=burton&utm_campaign=affiliate-referral
- Get the Right Supplements for You - https://drkylieburton.com/supplements
- Why Are My Labs Normal? Your guide to reading your own blood work; no medical background needed - https://www.amazon.com/Why-Are-Labs-Normal-background-ebook/dp/B09SF9PXRQ
- Join the 90-Day Coaching Program with Dr. Kylie Burton - http://drkylieburton.com/programs/
Connect with David Richman:
- Website - https://cycleoflives.org
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/davidrichman_cycleoflives/
- Facebook - https://web.facebook.com/cycleoflives/
Connect with Dr. Kylie:
- Website - https://drkylieburton.com/
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/drkylieburton/
- Facebook - https://web.facebook.com/drkylieburton/
- TikTok - https://www.tiktok.com/@drkylieburton
*Sponsored by Functional Diagnostic Nutrition*
Functional Diagnostic Nutrition is a Health Coaching Certification program designed to grow your impact and fuel your career. Join their program at http://fdntraining.com/drkylie
SURPRISE! - it's $500 (not $250) off for a limited time only.
Use code: drkylie500 for $500 off