Manage episode 332424784 series 3320049
Today’s guest is recording studio owner, mixer, podcast host, and entrepreneur Dee Kei Waddell. Not only has he worked with artists such as Kanye West and The Game, but his podcast Mixing Music, is one of the top shows in the industry. His interests don’t stop with music though. He is also a co-author of three children’s books and a co-founder of LaunchPod Media, a podcast marketing and analytics firm. We have a great chat about the importance of setting boundaries, why he mixes bass first, how to build a personal brand, and why you should make a career out of the things you’d do for free.
In this episode we'll dig in on...
- Finding the entrepreneurial spirit
- Mixing 1000 songs in a year
- Hating inefficiency
- Music as a form of therapy
- Applying the general principles of economics to your music career
- There's no such thing as emergencies, people can wait
- The importance of giving back and how that can help you grow
- Building a personal brand
- Shadow testing and advertising
- Hacking the algorithm with SEO to increase discoverability
- Being a plug-in hipster
- The Go Giver
- 4 Hour Work Week
- Atomic Habits
Learn More About Dee Kei Waddell...
Dee Kei Website: https://deekeimixes.com
Mixing Music Podcast: https://mixingmusicpodcast.com
Children's Books: https://deekeiandkayoko.com
Sign Up for Complete Producer Network HERE!
Get on the Waitlist for The Beats Accelerator Process HERE!
Get on the Waitlist for The Mix Accelerator Process HERE!
Support Progressions on Patreon!
Sign up for the Progressions Mailing List
Learn more about Travis: https://www.travisference.com/
Affiliate Links (aka Support the Show AND Get Stuff):
Soundflow - Speed up your workflow!
Riverside.fm - Video Interview Platform
Captivate.fm - Start your own Podcast!
Guest: Dee Kei Waddell
Host: Travis Ference
Editor: Stephen Boyd
Theme Music: inter.ference