Success Series: Shawn McVey, Pathway Vet Alliance
Manage episode 305574948 series 2843427
In this fascinating episode, we are talking to Shawn McVey, co-founder of Pathway Vet Alliance. Shawn has had phenomenal success with helping veterinary businesses move from reactive and inconsistent practices to successful, profitable, and fully integrated workspaces.
Providing real-world examples from his many years of experience, he also talks us through his journey with numerous clinics and associations that formed and benefited his journey to conceptualizing and implementing Pathway.
- A fascinating overview of the behavioral psychology behind why people are veterinarians.
- Realizing that there is a huge emotional intelligence problem that needs attention and management.
- Finding out the most vulnerable points of veterinarians, mostly stemming from communication.
- Partnering with Jasen Trautwein, and turning 2 practices into 27 in just a year and a half.
- Discussing burnout, the suicide rate, and losing touch with the world outside of your practice.
- Diving deep into Pathway planning, culture, and choosing core values.