Manage episode 362074289 series 2608979
JLP tells a story: Trying to fit in vs standing alone. Biblical Q: Why do you value your fear? Welcome fear. Sit in it. It's not you.
Church with Jesse Lee Peterson, Sunday, April 30, 2023
* 0:00:00 Pre-Church small talk
* 0:02:14 Welcome to Church
* 0:02:41 Alex was robbed, hospitalized (new bike stolen)
* 0:03:46 First-timers greet JLP
* 0:05:42 Trying to fit in (story of an empire builder)
* 0:08:43 Agnostic needed "proof"; "preach Christ, and Him crucified"
* 0:14:36 What do you mean "stand alone"?
* 0:20:58 What do you mean we're "born alone"?
* 0:25:55 True family; atheist Christians
* 0:31:29 JLP: Looking outside for anything
* 0:35:42 Community? Jesus came to divide…
* 0:40:53 BQ: Why do you value your fear?
* 0:43:36 Fear as motivator; practical fear; overreaction
* 0:47:57 JLP: Waking up with fear: Why?
* 0:48:22 Fear: Letting 96-yo father go… Franky unsure
* 0:53:20 Paralyzing fear, no value…
* 1:00:16 Fear keeps me following the rules… ladies answer
* 1:06:33 Lady didn't raise her hand… she's part her body
* 1:09:59 JLP: You don't have to deal with life
* 1:12:02 Franky: Fear of hell taught in religion
* 1:14:13 Sean a hypochondriac? Maybe OCD cleaning?
* 1:16:29 Relationship with a narcissist
* 1:19:33 Anchor Baby defined; Hake's answer; Another lady
* 1:24:15 JLP advice in breakup: Don't gossip, take sides, nor feel right
* 1:26:40 JLP: Welcome fear. All ideas about God and self are false.
* 1:41:35 (JLP: Taking care of mama, wishing she’d hurry up and die)
* 1:43:45 Follow-up: Paralyzed by practical fear of dog
* 1:46:55 Overwhelmed with fear at the doorbell
* 1:57:37 JLP closing on fear/love (1 Corinthians 13); Two Super Chats
* 2:01:28 New BQ answered: Why do you need to be accepted by anyone?
Live a life of standing alone.
What it means to stand alone
Church fellowship at BOND Sunday 11 AM PT (1CT/2ET) rebuildingtheman.com/church
Get full access to BOND at rebuildingtheman.substack.com/subscribe