Manage episode 372015816 series 2608979
Joel Friday's story finding JLP, then finding himself. Why do you "Jesse thump"? Let go of judgment and just live.
Church with Jesse Lee Peterson, Sunday, July 23, 2023 — GUEST HOST: Joel Friday sits in for Jesse to run the meeting.
|| See links, clips, and notes below.
* 0:00:00 Pre-service small talk
* 0:00:57 Joel Friday sitting-in for JLP
* 0:02:55 Joel's story re: JLP, anger
* 0:16:00 Joel (JF) putting Jesse on a pedestal
* 0:22:01 Joel started living his own life, thinking for himself
* 0:28:21 Feedback: Ever stop thinking for yourself?
* 0:37:51 Feedback: disagreement, openness, arrogance
* 0:45:11 Joel: Jesse thumpers
* 0:49:30 Parable of good vs rocky soil. Judgment vs love
* 0:55:43 Mistake: Teaching the word. Let kids grow up! Just live in moment
* 1:00:00 Listening to Satan, doing wrong and self-judgment
* 1:05:24 Joel: Christianity lost the realness; hiding flaws, faking perfection
* 1:12:35 Q: Why do you Jesse thump? Your own words, in the moment
* 1:22:02 Doug wants to be right; Joel wanted to be "a man"
* 1:25:02 Super: When does the flesh end and the spirit begin?
* 1:27:41 JLP's BQ: What is your nature? (Be careful with "I'm not…" Homeless story)
* 1:33:19 Arrogance; Joel on BQ: Our nature is the spirit within; no "I want"
* 1:36:41 Q: Fathers should guide children, right?
* 1:43:29 Reading the Bible, Detachment vs clinging to family, marriage
* 1:48:30 Closing: Follow Joel Friday TV (JLP out this week!)
PODCAST by BOND Substack
Church fellowship at BOND Sunday 11 AM PT (1 CT / 2 ET) - rebuildingtheman.com/church
Get full access to BOND at rebuildingtheman.substack.com/subscribe