Manage episode 347244022 series 3303403
Have you ever thought about launching a business that doesn’t yet exist?
Tracy Murray, aka The Glasses Lady, did just that after seeing how many people felt frustrated with the glasses-buying process after their optical appointments.
As someone who is technically legally blind (thank goodness for contact lenses!) I can completely understand how they feel - I can vividly remember the difficulty of the glasses-buying process. You feel pressured to buy and you feel like you have to make the decision quickly.
Realising these pain points, Tracy decided to launch The Glasses Lady - a business focused on eyewear styling with customised glasses in one to two hours.
In this episode, we discuss how Tracy:
- Started the business on her own after speaking to different people in the industry and doing thorough research.
- Found her first clients.
- Is passionate about making her customers feel excited and radiant wearing the glasses she styles - and this drives her more than the money.
- Has partnered with the right people in the industry to make sure she delivers the right glasses for her clients.
- Styles her customers based on not simply what they look like, but their personality too.
- Teaches you to think beyond what your style is now and where you want your style to be, so she can find glasses you fall in love with.
- Doesn’t care how long she spends with her clients, as long as she gets the styling right.
- Realises that not everyone feels comfortable shopping in a busy, high-pressured environment, which is why her customers always love shopping with her in the privacy of her own home.
- Had to teach herself social media to get ahead - she used to think TikTok was a band!
Feel free to take a screenshot of the episode and share it, along with why you loved it.
Want to find out more about what we do?
(Heads up - We're content writers who help businesses tell their stories clearly and consistently to make more conversions.
You can check us out at www.redplatypuscreative.com
If you want to learn more about writing kickass copy for your business, so you can make more sales, join our FREE Facebook group The Copy Club.
Or book in a free call and let's discuss we might be able to help you.