TBL Episode 163: Why you can’t grow your online business without data
Manage episode 315965098 series 3032845
We’re revisiting some of our most popular and helpful podcasts from the last year. For this week, we are replaying episode 123.
To be a human being is to experience emotions and feelings.
To be a business owner is to balance feelings with data.
Many a startup has failed because the founder’s “feelings” and “instincts” didn’t match up with the reality of what the market (aka “the data”) was telling them.
The types of online businesses our clients own can get far off of feelings and instincts alone, but they will eventually hit a point where it becomes too stressful, risky, or irresponsible to scale the business without paying attention to the different types of data that are available to them.
That’s why for this episode, we discuss:
- The types of data every online business owner needs to be tracking and paying attention to
- Why data can help you make better decisions in your business
- Why the data in your business can help you understand what things you need to prioritize
- How to track the financial data in your online business properly
- Why everyone is 100% capable of understanding the financial data about their online business