Manage episode 363767129 series 2988189
Welcome to Friday. You’ve earned it. Today, we’re talking about Toyota’s lead scientist warning of EV over-optimism. We also hear from a random consumer who gives many Dealers praise at once, as well as a new strategy by Lululemon to combat the fakes.
- The top scientist at Toyota Motor Corp has cautioned that pinning all our hopes on battery electric vehicles (BEVs) for a sustainable future isn't realistic due to scarce resources and insists that putting BEVs on a pedestal could inadvertently cause some to retain their traditional, pollution-emitting cars, and neglect the value of hybrid alternatives in specific areas.
- Gill Pratt stated, "Battery materials and renewable charging infrastructure will eventually be plentiful," "But it's going to take decades for battery material mines, renewable power generation, transmission lines and seasonal energy-storage facilities to scale up."
- As an example, he pointed out in some parts of the world, where coal is still used to produce power, hybrids were better for CO2 emissions, due do the high CO2 output of coal plants
- Here’s a perspective from Cayce Yates Harris at VeeCon when we talked about my “Love people more…” shirt.
- Lululemon is taking a unique approach to combat the trend of customers buying dupes by initiating a "Dupe Swap" event. This strategy aims to get customers to try thegenuine Lululemon products by offering an opportunity to trade their knockoffs for the real thing.
- This initiative is a response to the growing popularity of Lululemon lookalikes, driven largely by Gen Z consumers and social media influencers promoting cheaper alternatives.
- Unlike counterfeit goods, these dupes don't infringe on trademarks, hence are often endorsed by mainstream outlets for budget-conscious shoppers.
- Lululemon's popularity, which surged during the pandemic due to an increased demand for athleisure wear. The more popular…the more knockoffs
Hosts: Paul J Daly and Kyle Mountsier
Get the Daily Push Back email at https://www.asotu.com/
JOIN the conversation on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/asotu/
Read our most recent email at: https://www.asotu.com/media/push-back-email
ASOTU Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/automotivestateoftheunion