Manage episode 299231024 series 2360053
- Tarris Reed: Expect him to commit tonight. Solid big who will be around for a few years. Not a one-and-done.
- Emoni Bates: Somehow managed to finish “high school” 2 years early, using colleges as leverage for a pro deal.
- But Jett Howard might be a two-and-done.
- NIL: Michigan is slow off the block. Endorsements are pennies, money is coming from boosters.
- Sam: Amateurism was always a scam. It wasn’t about character; it was about classism. Coaches & administrators started getting paid like pros and it blew the whole model up.
- Make an NIL fair. What do you think it should be—don’t use NCAA’s standard because they don’t have one.
- You don’t become the Pac12 commissioner by being a competent individual. These are rich guys who didn’t have the competence to be in charge of something actually important.
- Expansion: Sam: SEC is smart, setting themselves up for when they have to share TV money with the players.
- Big Ten plan: Step one is see if you can make your own mega-conference with ACC and Pac schools. Then look at adding the Pac. Kansas? Take their basketball program.