Manage episode 365806414 series 2968750
Kindermusik is a purposefully created multisensory music and movement program for ages 0-7 that provides neurodivergent children the opportunity to improve in all learning areas by consciously stimulating the whole brain.
Kindermusik creates shared research-based curricula that:
- Empower educators
- Strengthen family and teacher-child relationships
- Enhance community connections
- Build a deep-rooted love for learning
while providing early development strategies that are memorable, playful, and fun.
Diana has been working with neurodivergent children for over 30 years using music as a vehicle for change. She has a background in music, early childhood, learning differences, and sound therapy. Her personal and professional life has always been involved with children and adults with additional needs.
For the past 25 years, Diana has taught the Kindermusik curricula. Diana has seen firsthand the profound impact carefully crafted music programs can have on children and the neurodivergent brain.
In this episode, we talk about:
- What is Kindermusik
- What is the role of music in a neurodivergent person?
- Why auditory processing can be so impactful on learning and behavior in a child
- How does a Kindermusik class cater to the sensory needs of each individual?
- How does Kindermusik help social and emotional skills in the ND child?
- Tips for parents- how you can get started today
Diana's book: https://www.amazon.com/Insights-into-Autism-window-Childs/dp/0645389234/
The OT Butterfly Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theotbutterfly
Work with Laura: https://www.theotbutterfly.com/parentconsult
Buy "A kids book about neurodiversity" : www.theotbutterfly.com/book