Manage episode 371807754 series 81472
Roifield Brown is back home in Birmingham, England, with guests Denise Hamilton, CEO of Watch her Work from Houson, Texas, Leah Brown, CEO of Broadstairs Consulting from Kent, UK, and Jared Kobek, a Turkish American writer from Los Angeles, US. They discuss the potential implications of President Biden seeking re-election at the age of 82 and whether concerns about his age are valid. Jared believes ageism is at play, while Denise values wisdom and effectiveness over age-related concerns. Leah suggests that succession planning is an issue and that Biden's ego may influence his decision-making.
- They discuss President Biden's potential re-election at 82 years old.
- Jared defends Biden, stating age prejudice might be influencing opinions.
- Denise values wisdom and effectiveness over age-related concerns, praising Biden's track record.
- Leah suggests the issue lies in the lack of succession planning and continuity in politics.
- The discussion touches on Biden's occasional tripping and speech impediment.
- Jared mentions Biden's speech impediment and its impact on public perception.
- Denise believes the focus should be on Biden's accomplishments and ability to solve problems.
- Leah questions if Biden's ego might influence his decision-making and succession planning.
- The conversation highlights the youth-obsessed culture and its impact on leadership.
- They discuss the importance of valuing wisdom and experience in leaders.
- Roy asks whether Biden's age and potential health risks should be a concern.
- Denise and Jared argue that age should not be the sole determinant of a leader's capability.
- Leah emphasises the need for leaders to groom successors and plan for continuity.
- The guests acknowledge Biden's achievements but question if he is the best option for 2023.
- Roy brings up Biden's commitment to the American people and unfinished business.
- Leah suggests that leaders should know when to vacate their positions.
- The discussion centres on having a continuity plan and involving newer generations in politics.
- Jared expresses his admiration for Biden, despite his occasional shortcomings.
- The conversation concludes with different perspectives on leadership and the future of the United States.
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.