Manage episode 357777098 series 2968341
Dr. Rizwan Bukhari is a vascular surgeon who specializes in preventing limb amputations due to blockages in the arteries, often linked to diabetes, hypertension, and high cholesterol. He emphasizes the interconnected nature of vascular health, which requires a comprehensive approach to addressing underlying comorbidities, modifying lifestyles, and providing patient education. Dr. Bukhari also sheds light on the major reasons why people lose limbs and the broad scope of vascular surgery. In addition, he talks about his monthly walk in the Dallas area, where people can come out, walk with him and other health professionals, and ask any questions they may have.
- Vascular surgery prevents limb amputations due to injuries, diabetes, and atherosclerosis.
- Vascular health is linked to other comorbidities like diabetes, hypertension, and high cholesterol.
- Comprehensive vascular health care involves medical treatments, lifestyle modifications, and community engagement.
Resources mentioned in this episode
About Dr. Rizwan H. Bukhari
Rizwan H, Bukhari, M.D., F.A.C.S., is a board-certified vascular surgeon who treats various vascular issues, including aneurysms, carotid artery stenosis, lower extremity arterial blockages, gangrene, dialysis access grafts, and varicose veins. He has seen the ravaging effects of poor lifestyle choices on his patients’ health. Cardiovascular disease and its risk factors, such as obesity, tobacco use, hypertension, and diabetes, are mainly diseases secondary to the foods we eat and our lifestyle choices.
Dr. Bukhari promotes food as medicine and lifestyle medicine to help his patients and the general public prevent, halt, and sometimes even reverse disease. He owns North Texas Vascular Center, where he offers diagnostic services and minimally invasive outpatient procedures largely related to amputation prevention and limb salvage.
Connect with Dr. Riz
- North Texas Vascular Center
- Plant-Based DFW
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dr_riz_bukhari/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/drrizwanbukhari/
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/DrRizBukhari
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/Dr_Riz_Bukhari
All the show notes for our episodes are located on our podcast website:
Connect with Us
Website: Healthy Lifestyle Solutions
YouTube channel: Healthy Lifestyle Solutions
Subscribe to our newsletter: Our Newsletter
Leave us a message: Speak Pipe Voicemail
Rate Me: https://ratethispodcast.com/hls