Manage episode 364267981 series 2933224
Welcome to the only roundtable podcast in compliance as we celebrate our second century of shows. Everything Compliance has been honored by W3 as the top podcast talk show. In this episode, we have the quartet of Karen Woody, Jonathan Marks, Matt Kelly, and from across the pond, Jonathan Armstrong. We consider a veritable potpourri of issues, including the sentence given to Joe Sullivan, insider trading, the COSO Fraud Risk Management Framework, and a new report on whistleblower best practices. We conclude with our fan-fav Shout Outs and Rants section.
1. Matt Kelly looks at the joint IIA/ACFE report on Building a Best-in-Class Whistleblower Hotline. He shouts out to Newton Minow, the first government official to say television was a ‘vast wasteland.’
2. Jonathan Marks discusses his work on the COSO Framework for Fraud Risk Management. He shouts out to BlueBell Ice Cream for creating the new flavor, Dr. Pepper Float.
3. Tom Fox shouts out to Mike Shannon, who played with the St. Louis Cardinals for over 10 years, went to 3 World Series, and then had a 60-year career as an announcer with the team. He is also the only MLB player whom Tom got an autograph from.
4. Karen Woody looks at recent insider trading cases involving the crypto world and asks if crypto is not a security, who can it be insider trading. Karen shouts out to the Netflix show ‘Jury Duty.’
5. Jonathan Armstrong considers the sentence handed down to former Uber executive Joe Sullivan, wonders about the Judge’s admonition of no more leniency and asks what it means for GDPR enforcement. He shouts out to all those workers who got London ready for the coronation.
The members of Everything Compliance are:
• Jay Rosen– Jay is Vice President, Business Development Corporate Monitoring at Affiliated Monitors. Rosen can be reached at JRosen@affiliatedmonitors.com
• Karen Woody – One of the top academic experts on the SEC. Woody can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Matt Kelly – Founder and CEO of Radical Compliance. Kelly can be reached at email@example.com
• Jonathan Armstrong –is our UK colleague, who is an experienced data privacy/data protection lawyer with Cordery in London. Armstrong can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Jonathan Marks is Partner, Firm Practice Leader - Global Forensic, Compliance & Integrity Services at Baker Tilly. Marks can be reached at email@example.com
The host and producer, ranter (and sometime panelist) of Everything Compliance is Tom Fox the Voice of Compliance. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Everything Compliance is a part of the Compliance Podcast Network.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices