Manage episode 376401367 series 2483573
In this episode, Bret and Nirmal talk with Brian Douglas of OpenSauced.
Brian Douglas, of GitHub fame, has founded OpenSauced, a cool web app and community of open source developers finding their next contribution and maybe their next job. Brian has so many stories of working with open source projects and having conversations with leading open source contributors, while previously being a lead developer advocate at GitHub. So we definitely spend time talking through some of those stories and learning some of that we didn't know about GitHub and open source being run on it. We then dig into how to use the OpenSauced platform he's creating to find your next open source project and get noticed by employers.
Live recording of the complete show from July 13, 2023 is on YouTube (Ep. #225).
Creators & Guests
- Bret Fisher - Host
- Cristi Cotovan - Editor
- Beth Fisher - Producer
- Nirmal Mehta - Host
- Brian Douglas - Guest
- (00:00) -
- (00:52) - Introducing Brian Douglas
- (00:56) - What is OpenSauced?
- (02:41) - First steps in contributing to open source
- (22:24) - Starting a relationship with the maintainers and building trust
- (28:38) - Finding projects to be passionate about
- (37:37) - Why contribute to open source?