Manage episode 377678271 series 2483573
Bret is joined by Dan Garfield of CodeFresh to talk about growth of GitOps as a standard, growth of Argo, and more.
Dan is the Co-founder and Chief Open Source Officer of Codefresh, a CI/CD platform powered by GitOps and Argo. He helped launch the GitOps Working Group and helped lead the creation of the Open GitOps principles. As an Argo Maintainer, Kubernaut, Google Developer Expert, he helps companies and individuals adopt Argo with GitOps and streamline their CI/CD.
We take some great questions about how GitOps is different than just triggering deployments and other automation platforms. And we also dig into the four principles of GitOps and how Codefresh uses Argo CD as a part of their CI/CD offering.
Live recording of the complete show from July 27, 2023 is on YouTube (Ep. #227). Includes demos.
Creators & Guests
- (00:00) - Intro
- (08:39) - GitOps Guide and Principles
- (15:17) - What if you don't have Kubernetes?
- (22:31) - Reusability and Modern Automation
- (26:54) - ArgoCD Portability
- (32:27) - Why use GitOps?
- (41:07) - GitOps Certification with Focus on Argo
- (43:30) - GitHub Flow or Trunk-based Development
- (56:23) - Combining Dagger with Argo
- (58:19) - Deploying Argo CD
- (58:51) - Argo with local Git repo branch
You can also support my free material by subscribing to my YouTube channel and my weekly newsletter at bret.news!