Manage episode 363935890 series 2608979
Light does not fight with darkness (abortion). Felt angry: Did I really forgive? Is it wrong to admit you're a phony? Do you have a reason to live?
Church with Jesse Lee Peterson, Sunday, May 21, 2023 — Jesse opens talking about Johnny Carson's life trying to get his mother's love, and never receiving it. There is no love in the world. Anyone with anger is R-worded and insane. In blindness, pro-lifers protest abortion. But light does not fight with darkness. Parents correct children in the wrong way. //
One woman felt anxious and lonely in the world this week, asking: Are we supposed to do anything about evil? She felt inwardly angry, and asked: Did I really forgive? She thought: "I sinned." But it's not you telling yourself that — you went unconscious. A clue that you've drifted from reality: You think about the past or future. //
Biblical Question: Is it wrong to admit to yourself that you are a phony? Everyone on earth is a phony. Everything we're taught is phony. Parents should live it as an example, not teach and traumatize children. //
Forgive and forget: Jesse tells the story of a couple whose dog was kidnapped. The husband suffered an inward death, forgave, and forgot, but the wife could not, and continued to suffer. //
New Biblical Question (rough wording) — Do you have a reason to live (or for living)? If so, what's your reason? (A lady breaks down crying in response.) //
|| See links, clips, and notes below.
* 0:00:00 Pre-church small talk
* 0:01:31 JLP: Johnny Carson, blame
* 0:08:36 (the R-word, anger, taking sides)
* 0:17:33 Feedback: Let them destroy (abortion)
* 0:23:00 Light does not fight with darkness
* 0:25:08 Looking for love (agenda: three-letter word)
* 0:30:04 Pro-lifers, parents correcting children
* 0:35:10 Anxious and lonely in the world
* 0:42:25 JLP: Preparing for heaven is hell ("Christian" rules)
* 0:45:33 Are we supposed to do anything?
* 0:49:08 Feeling inward anger: Did I really forgive?
* 0:58:08 It's not you. "I sinned." You went unconscious.
* 1:08:30 Pro-choice until a seed planted
* 1:12:25 Clue you've drifted: Future or past, get a reaction
* 1:15:18 Biblical Q: Is it wrong to admit you are a phony?
* 1:18:45 Traditions/respect should be lived, not taught.
* 1:29:50 Forgive, but don't forget? Dog kidnapping story
* 1:36:40 Unhelpful questions?
* 1:38:09 Temptation, thinking things are fine
* 1:42:39 New BQ: Do you have a reason to live?
* 1:46:36 Lady breaks down…
* 1:52:30 It's all vain… / Closing
Church fellowship at BOND Sunday 11 AM PT (1CT/2ET) rebuildingtheman.com/church
Get full access to BOND at rebuildingtheman.substack.com/subscribe