Manage episode 377900253 series 3242427
In this podcast episode, Aline Charabaty, MD, AGAF, FACG, and Marla Dubinsky, MD, discuss how women in gastroenterology (GI) can find their “friendtors” and build a strong network of mentors, sponsors, and allies. Although there may be many barriers for women in the GI medicine specialty, these experienced leaders have useful tips to help emerging healthcare professionals avoid internalizing these challenges and strategically focus on accomplishing their goals.
Dr Aline Charabaty is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, the Clinical Director of the IBD Centre at Johns Hopkins Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington, DC, and the Co-Founder of Scrubs & Heels.
Aline Charabaty, MD, AGAF, FACG: consultant/advisor/speaker: AbbVie, Bristol Myers Squibb, Janssen, Lilly, Pfizer, Takeda.
Dr Marla Dubinsky is a Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York, Chief of Division of Pediatric GI and Nutrition at Mount Sinai Kravis Children's Hospital, and the Co-Director of the Susan and Leonard Feinstein IBD Clinical Centre. Dr Dubinsky is also the Director of the Marie and Barry Lipman IBD Preconception and Pregnancy Clinic. She is also an innovator and the Co-Founder of Trellus Health, providing personalized resilience coaching for people living with IBD. She received the Sherman Prize in 2022, which recognized her outstanding achievement in the field of IBD. In addition, she served as the Co-Chair for our inaugural Scrubs & Heels Leadership Summit in 2022.
Marla Dubinsky, MD: consultant/advisor/speaker: AbbVie, Abivax, AstraZeneca, Bristol Myers Squibb, Janssen, Lilly, Merck, Pfizer, Prometheus Biosciences, Takeda.
- Overview of barriers faced by women in GI
- Impact of failing to adequately address these barriers
- Defining the roles of mentors, sponsors, and allies
- Important qualities of mentors, sponsors, and allies
- Role models vs peer mentors
Other program activities:
- Full Program: Equipped and Empowered: Thriving as Women in GI
- Podcast 2: Embracing Your Value: Tools and Strategies for Optimizing Professional Growth and Development
- Podcast 3: Being Your Full Self: Pursuing Work–Life Balance
- ClinicalThought: Expert Commentary on Thriving as Women in GI
After selecting the “Continue to Post Test” button:
To receive continuing education credit, submit your posttest answers no later than the expiration of this activity. Select 1 best answer for each question. When you have completed all the questions, press the "Continue" button at the bottom