Manage episode 322064370 series 1401633
How is Jesus the first-born of creation and the “second Adam”? Why are the biblical authors so obsessed with the east? And why can’t Jacob and Esau both be blessed? In this episode, Tim and Jon tackle your questions about the Genesis scroll.
- Is Jesus Both the First-born and Chosen Second-Born? (1:27)
- Why Are the Biblical Authors Obsessed with the East? (7:00)
- Where Did Cain Find a Wife? (15:55)
- Who Are the Nephilim? (21:14)
- Does God Test Abraham Because He Banished Ishmael? (33:05)
- Why Can’t Jacob and Esau Both Be Blessed? (42:30)
- Genesis: History, Fiction, or Neither?: Three Views on the Bible’s Earliest Chapters (Counterpoints: Bible and Theology), James K. Hoffmeier, Gordon J. Wenham, Kenton L. Sparks
- "And You Shall Tell Your Son...": The Concept of the Exodus in the Bible, Yair Zakovitch
- The Blessing and the Curse, Jeff S. Anderson
- Interested in more? Check out Tim’s library here.
- You can experience the literary themes and movements we’re tracing on the podcast in the BibleProject app, available for Android and iOS.
- “Defender (Instrumental)” by TENTS
Show produced by Cooper Peltz. Edited by Dan Gummel. Show notes by Lindsey Ponder. Audience questions collected by Christopher Maier. Podcast Annotations for the BibleProject app by Ashlyn Heise and Hannah Woo.
Powered and distributed by Simplecast.