Manage episode 323897763 series 1401633
The ten plagues––they’re fascinating, they’re famous, and they sometimes seem overly harsh. Where do they fit in the story of the Bible and the process of God revealing his own name and character? In this episode, Tim and Jon talk about the ten plagues, or ten acts of de-creation, in which Yahweh uses his power over creation to undo his own creation in judgment. Listen in as we explore how God’s response to evil reveals another layer of his character.
- Part one (00:00-11:15)
- Part two (11:15-24:15)
- Part three (24:15-44:45)
- Part four (44:45-01:00:03)
- Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament, Ludwig Koehler, Walter Baumgartner, M. E. J. Richardson, J. J. Stamm
- Exodus: An Exegetical and Theological Exposition of Holy Scripture (Volume 2) (The New American Commentary), Douglas K. Stewart
- Interested in more? Check out Tim’s library here.
- You can experience the literary themes and movements we’re tracing on the podcast in the BibleProject app, available for Android and iOS.
- “Defender (Instrumental)” by TENTS
- "My Room Becomes The Sea" by Sleepy Fish
Show produced by Cooper Peltz. Edited by Dan Gummel and Zach McKinley. Show notes by Lindsey Ponder.
Powered and distributed by Simplecast.