Manage episode 331446870 series 1401633
What is the significance of the offerings described in Leviticus? In this episode, join Tim and Jon as they walk through the five offerings ancient Israelites made to Yahweh and see how the purpose of these practices sound a lot like the teachings of Jesus. Even here in Leviticus, Yahweh’s hope for his people is the same: love God and love your neighbor.
- Part one (00:00-9:01)
- Part two (9:01-24:26)
- Part three (24:26-33:20)
- Part four (33:20-52:37)
- Who Shall Ascend the Mountain of the Lord?: A Biblical Theology of the Book of Leviticus, L. Michael Morales
- Leviticus: A Book of Ritual and Ethics, Jacob Milgrom
- The Picture of Dorian Gray, Oscar Wilde
- Interested in more? Check out Tim’s library here.
- You can experience the literary themes and movements we’re tracing on the podcast in the BibleProject app, available for Android and iOS.
- “Defender (Instrumental)” by TENTS
- “Educated Fool" by Jackie Hill Perry
- "Analogs" by GreyFlood
- Sound design by Dan Gummel
Show produced by Cooper Peltz. Edited by Dan Gummel and Tyler Bailey. Show notes by Lindsey Ponder. Podcast annotations for the BibleProject app by MacKenzie Buxman and Ashlyn Heise.
Powered and distributed by Simplecast.