Manage episode 347610775 series 3378548
Short on time? In this episode we give you quick summaries of articles 1-10.
- Association of Habitual Alcohol Intake With Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
- Analysis of Stimulant Prescriptions and Drug-Related Poisoning Risk Among Persons Receiving Buprenorphine Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder
- Association of Dose Tapering With Overdose or Mental Health Crisis Among Patients Prescribed Long-term Opioids
- Postdiagnosis Smoking Cessation and Reduced Risk for Lung Cancer Progression and Mortality: A Prospective Cohort Study
- Effect of Medical Marijuana Card Ownership on Pain, Insomnia, and Affective Disorder Symptoms in Adults: A Randomized Clinical Trial
- Outcomes After Implementation of a Benzodiazepine-Sparing Alcohol Withdrawal Order Set in an Integrated Health Care System
- Comparative Effectiveness Associated With Buprenorphine and Naltrexone in Opioid Use Disorder and Cooccurring Polysubstance Use
- Comparative Effectiveness of Opioid Tapering or Abrupt Discontinuation vs No Dosage Change for Opioid Overdose or Suicide for Patients Receiving Stable Long-term Opioid Therapy
- Percentage of Heavy Drinking Days Following Psilocybin-Assisted Psychotherapy vs Placebo in the Treatment of Adult Patients With Alcohol Use Disorder: A Randomized Clinical Trial
- Prescribing Characteristics Associated With Opioid Overdose Following Buprenorphine Taper
1-10 Round-Up Credits:
- Wordsmithing: Spencer Kennedy
- Original theme music: composed and performed by Benjamin Kennedy
- Audio production:
This is Addiction Medicine Journal Club with Dr. Sonya Del Tredici and Dr. John Keenan. We practice addiction medicine and primary care, and we believe that addiction is a disease that can be treated. This podcast reviews current articles to help you stay up to date with research that you can use in your addiction medicine practice.
The best part of any journal club is the conversation. Send us your comments on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, email, or join our Facebook group.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @AddictionMedJC
- Facebook: @AddictionMedJC
- Facebook Group: Addiction Medicine Journal Club
- YouTube: addictionmedicinejournalclub
Addiction Medicine Journal Club is intended for educational purposes only and should not be considered medical advice. The views expressed here are our own and do not necessarily reflect those of our employers or the authors of the articles we review. All patient information has been modified to protect their identities.