Manage episode 290832812 series 2709223
This conversation is with Nathan Martin, who ran 2:11:05 at the Marathon Project in December 20 2020. Not only was this a PR but Nathan broke Herm Atkins’ record of 2:11:52, by running the fastest marathon ever run by a Black man born in the United States. This record stood since 1979.
I recorded this episode, shortly after the Marathon Project, but I held it back because there were a few other podcasts, and I wanted to give this episode some clear space once the dust had settled.
In this conversation we discussed:
- The importance that teamwork and community play as an athlete;
- Bouncing back from the Olympic trails marathon;
- How to keep enjoyment in training;
- How to keep the training not just focused on solely running fast;
- A race breakdown of the Marathon project;
- What does potential look like;
- The importance of mantras.
His social links are:
- Instagram: @nim_i_am
This episode is sponsored by Tracksmith, a brand which actively represents and supports the development of a runner’s life in the running community.
Tracksmith is offering new customers $15 off your first purchase of $75 or more. Use the code Marcus15 at checkout.
--- Support this podcast: https://anchor.fm/marcus-brown9/support